Alison made the move from Melbourne to Geelong before tree-changes were even fashionable – way back when she was nine – and she’s been a steadfast resident ever since. She auspiciously started her career at Whyte, Just & Moore on Valentine’s Day 2000, and her role as a Senior Lawyer in the Wills & Estates department has become a true passion – second only to her husband and four kids, of course!
With more than 20-years experience as a lawyer, Alison is comfortable in making connections with people from all walks of life and enjoys knowing that her work assisting people with making Wills and Powers of Attorney can give great peace of mind. Whether it is a simple Will which is required or a Will which involves a complex family or business arrangement, she is well equipped to assist clients with her calming and reassuring manner.
Alison also appreciates that the loss of a loved one is an emotional and difficult time and considers it a privilege to assist her clients navigate the legal challenges which can arise. She can cut through the legal jargon and assist her clients to fulfil a loved one’s last wishes and administer their estate. Alison is also Whyte, Just & Moore’s Practice Manager, meaning she’s the operational backbone of the firm, capably keeping everything ticking along with efficiency and ease.
On the weekend Alison is most likely cheering on one of her children at their numerous sporting activities or cooking up a storm for her family and friends. If she ever gets a little bit more time on her hands – in 2040, perhaps? – she’s keen to finally master the art of skiing.
Areas of Practise:
Wills & Estates
- Succession planning including the preparation of wills and testamentary trusts
- Enduring Powers of Attorney – Financial and Personal
- Appointments of Medical Treatment Decision Maker
- Superannuation including Self-Managed Superannuation Funds and disputes
- Binding Death Benefit Nominations
- Complex Estate Administration including applications for probate and other grants of representation
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Commerce (majoring in Economics)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Geelong Law Association