WJM has been an important part of Geelong for well over 100 years. We are a firm which has enjoyed the good times and also endured the more difficult times our community has seen. We have a genuine and long standing desire to contribute and assist those in need. It has long been our philosophy that actions speaker louder than words and equally, that we would prefer to act rather than promote what we do. We are proud of our people who are concerned for the wellbeing of not only our immediate community but also those further afield who have not been fortunate enough to have the opportunities we have. We contribute in a variety of ways including the provision of financial support, physical support and the sharing of our skills and legal knowledge in a pro bono sense. We are involved in a range of projects and events, both locally and internationally including:
- Financial supporter of the Geelong Community Foundation which provides grants to a number of worthwhile and in need charities and programs across our local community.
- Sponsor, supporter and participant of the “Karingal Baclinks Big Day Out”- which organises for members from local disability services to have the opportunity to make new friendships with volunteers and engage in a range of fun physical activities to extend their abilities.
- Supporter of Cottage by the Sea- a non government not for profit charity that provides hope and opportunities for disadvantaged young people in a seaside environment. A number of our people have knitted beautiful handmade blankets which were recently donated to Cottage by the Sea.
- Staff participation in “Give Where You Live” which began with a loaned executive program and continued with a number of our people donating an amount from their wages on a fortnightly and ongoing basis together with supporting specific fundraisers such as “May Day”.
- We have long standing ties to Geelong Legacy and are a supporter and fundraiser for Legacy.
- The ongoing sponsorship of a child in Ethiopia through “World Vision”.
- Organising local film nights to support a range of causes including the “Doctors Without Borders” Nepal Appeal.
- Our lawyers volunteer their time on a regular and ongoing basis at the “Barwon Community Legal Service” which provides free preliminary legal advice to those who cannot afford to privately retain the services of a lawyer.
- Our lawyers are available and volunteer their time to speak to a variety of community groups and organisations across Geelong on topics of legal interest from time to time.
- We are the sponsor of a number of local sporting clubs and organisations including the Barwon Heads Football Club and the Barwon Heads Cricket Club.
- We regularly sponsor a number of events in local schools across our region including Trivia Nights, Family Fun Days and similar events within our local community.
Additionally, many of our people are on Committees and Boards for local organisations including Bellarine Community Health Ltd, the Geelong Law Association and various other organisations across Geelong.