A Geelong girl through and through, Melissa practises law in the realms of Estate Administration and Wills. She believes firmly in the Booker T Washington adage: ‘If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else’, and working in a team environment and assisting people through her work is what makes her happiest. With over a decade of experience in the legal industry, Melissa finds great satisfaction with using her legal knowledge and know-how to craft individual estate plans or administer wills with empathy and sensitivity. She understands that making a will or settling the estate of a loved one can be fraught with sentimental and emotional issues and thus aims to make the process as worry-free as possible. If you have questions, she’ll be there to answer them.
Friends and family may say she’s quirky – goats make her laugh after all! – but really she’s a homebody at heart. At Mel’s place, relaxation is as simple as curling up on the couch with the TV on, and exercise is as elementary as walking the dogs or planting roses in the garden. She does have plans to learn a language too – because what better way to increase your understanding of the world?
Areas of Practise:
Wills & Estates
- Succession planning including the preparation of wills and testamentary trusts
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Appointments of Medical Treatment Decision Maker
- Superannuation including Self-Managed Superannuation Funds and disputes
- Complex Estate Administration including applications for probate and other grants of representation
- Sale and purchase of residential, commercial, industrial and rural property
- Property transfers between family members, associated persons and self managed superannuation funds
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and High Court of Australia
- Bachelor of Laws
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Geelong Law Association