Carmel was admitted to practice in 1981 after having graduated from the University of Adelaide with bachelor degrees in arts and in law (with honours). Carmel has been admitted to the Supreme Courts of South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales, as well as the Federal Court and High Court of Australia.
Carmel became an Accredited Specialist in Leasing in 2005 and an Accredited Specialist in Wills & Estates in 2006.
Carmel’s areas of practice include:
Wills & Estates:
- Preparation of wills including testamentary trust wills
- Powers of Attorney
- Disputed Wills and Estates
- Complex Estate Administration
- Retail & Commercial Leasing
- Residential & Commercial Sale and Purchase of Property
- Sale and Purchase of Business
- Business Contracts
- Business Structuring
- Will disputes
- Contractual disputes & general commercial litigation
- Retail & Commercial tenancy disputes
- Planning and Environment law including VCAT representation
- Business Disputes
Carmel is a Member of the Law Institute of Victoria.
Outside of work, Carmel’s interests are going to the movies, gardening and reading.