Lydia graduated from the Deakin University Law School and joined WJM in June 2013. Lydia was admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria in September 2013. Before joining WJM, Lydia worked as a conveyancer at a Geelong firm for eighteen months where she obtained a Diploma in Financial Services (Conveyancing) in addition to qualifying to be admitted to practice as a lawyer. In 2018, Lydia successfully completing her Masters of Law (LLM (Applied Law) majoring in Property Law) with the College of Law.
Lydia practices primarily in all areas of Property Law and Business Law including:
- Property development including Joint Venture and Development Agreements
- Subdivisions (including Owners Corporation and Section 32 Subdivisions) and “Off the Plan Transactions
- Sale and purchase of residential, commercial, industrial and rural property
- Property transfers between family members, associated persons and self managed superannuation funds
- Electronic property and conveyancing transactions
- Owners Corporations issues
- Planning permit and zoning issues
- Loan agreements and mortgages
- Advice on the impact of stamp duty, GST, capital gains tax, tax concessions and land tax in property transactions
- Retail and Commercial Leasing acting for Landlords and Tenants
- Elder Law advice including entry into and exit from retirement villages, lifestyle villages and aged care facilities
- Advice on General Law (and its conversion), adverse possession and possessory title, covenants, easements, Section 173 Agreements and other restrictions on land
- Licence agreements and farm leases
- Option agreements and tender agreements
- Sale and purchase of Business
As Lydia is currently in the process of studying her Masters in Property Law and Commercial Transactions she has gained an in depth knowledge and understanding of Property Law and prides herself on being up date with all Property related issues.
Lydia is a committee member of the Law Institute of Victoria Property Law Committee and a Joint Convener of the Geelong Property Law and Conveyancing Group.
Lydia is the current Secretary of the Geelong Law Association.
In her leisure time Lydia enjoys cooking, renovating and decorating her house and snowboarding.